Tennant Biomodulator® Technology
What is Reactions Feedback Electro-Stimulation Technology?
This genre of alternating current (AC) cybernetic reactions technology was originally developed by Russian scientists and doctors to treat cosmonauts that were in space for long periods. Russian therapy SCENAR® Self Controlled Energo Neuro Adaptive Regulator was developed as an alternative means for promoting the body’s own healing process. These TENS devices had been widely used in Russian hospitals since the early 1980’s. Tennant Biomodulator® devices were further developed by Dr. Tennant as simple and easy-to-use hand held devices for non-pharmaceutical pain relief.
How the Tennant Biomodulator® technology works
The Biomodulator® uses Reactions and Neuromodulation technology designed to stimulate the body’s natural release of endorphins and neuropeptides into the blood stream, and increases ATP (voltage) in the cells. The Biomodulator works by giving the cells the energy they are lacking. When the cells are restored to their optimal level of voltage the body can heal itself. This is critical to wound healing, reduction of edema and treatment of diabetic neuropathy.
The devices produce very minute microcurrent electrical impulses, which are transmitted by electrodes, onboard the device, through the skin to interface with the body’s internal peripheral nervous system for the purpose of a natural therapeutic intervention. The devices are controlled by a high performance microchip into which proprietary algorithms are embedded.
Biofeedback is the body’s response to the stimulus, and the technology’s ability to detect, measure, analyze and respond to the body. With each response, the electrical properties of the tissue change. The device detects the change and responds, resulting in the very next signal being modified. This is possible because of the development of modern high-speed microprocessors, which are able to establish a cybernetic loop between electronic instrument and living tissue. Dr. Tennent calls this Frequency Selective Microcurrent.
- A precision medical instrument indicated in the use for symptomatic relief and management of chronic, intractable pain, and adjunctive treatment in the management of post-surgical and post-traumatic pain.
- Treatment is gentle and easy
- Non-invasive and drug free therapy
- May be used as a complement to standard drug and therapy treatments provided by healthcare practitioners.
- After treatment there are usually no physical limitations imposed. Normal activities may be resumed immediately.
- May be used in combination with other treatments, subject to healthcare professional prescription and direction.
Indications for use with the Tennant Biomodulator® PLUS or PRO models
- PAIN – symptomatic relief and management of chronic, intractable pain
- Post-Surgical PAIN – adjunctive treatment in the management of post-surgical pain
- Post-Traumatic PAIN – adjunctive treatment in the management of post-traumatic pain
- Sports injuries and manual therapy treatments – on the go
- Help improve health issues
- Equine / small animal therapy
Visit our Products/Devices models pages for instrument specifications.
- Use of the Tennant Biomodulator ®may affect the operation of cardiac pacemakers, particularly demand type pacemakers
- Do not use the Tennant Biomodulator ®directly on the eyes or over the carotid sinus
- Do not use on an open wound
- Do not use on or around any blood vessel that may contain a clot
To learn more about the Tennant Biomodulator® or for prices, click the Request a quote at the top. Prices for optional electrodes can be found under products – accessories. To order Contact Biohealth or call Bob Moore at 416 565-0007 for immediate assistance.
Approved Medical Device by Health Canada ID 578614 & FDA Classification: 882.5050 Neurology, Biofeedback